Where in the world Today?

Home Sweet Home











Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Pespective

As I re-read my last post, having email access today for the first time since then, I am happy to report that I have since gained some perspective. It was not so much the loss of the material possessions that had me feeling so bitter (I am accutely aware, as I take in my surroundings on a daily basis, of the truly important things), but the loss of that which cannot be replaced, like pictures and journals, that makes me sad. It is the knowledge that my personal stuff is ‘out there’ that feels violating and it is the thought that any one of you could one day receive a picture of me to match that of Troy’s birthday post in some spam in your inbox, that makes me blush.

I am however reminded that while these personal things were to serve as material reminders, experiences cannot be taken away and though it would have been nice to fill a scrapbook, my memory bank continues to burst :).

1 comment:

  1. We love you guys and continue to learn life's lessons through you. Your vision and perspective is 20-20! I am humbled by all of it...

    ReplyDelete